Wednesday, February 11, 2009

G'day sport

Last night I was at a meeting in City hall regarding bringing MLS major leauge Soccer to Portland. Also in the plan is to move the Portland Beavers AAA baseball team to either the Lents area known as "felony flats" for its past crime rate or the Rose Quarter where the Portland Trailblazers NBA baskeball team play. Although I am a huge Portland Timbers Soccer Club fan I truly belive that this is a good thing for the City. I would not back it otherwise. I really don't want to get into a debate over this as it goes nowhere and I am confident that this will happen anyway but the point I am wanting to make is that Portland is such a hot bed for Pro sports and we only have one Pro sports team.

Portland, Ore.
Current teams: 1
Projected 2030 population: 3 million (38% growth)
People/team: 3 million (sports city national avg. 1.7 million)
Median income: $55,387 (right at national average)
Like Sacramento, the town's growth has it poised to spread its wings past the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment